Resume Click sprite to download resume >
Isaac E. Solomon
I have over a decade of experience as a professional Animator and 3D Artist, doing 3D modeling, and 2D animation. I’ve been creating games for a majority of my life. Professionally, I’ve been involved in the gaming industry for 7 years and have extensive experience both front and back end. I am always developing my skills to be on a broader scale. I’m taking a deeper interest in scripting and programming, as I believe these skills are imperatively important for all developers. I consider myself to have a creative mind, as well as a technical one. I feel that no job is too small or too big. I’ve always been interested in all forms of development; from soldering boards, to prototype programming; creating things from the ground up is something I’ve always enjoyed doing. There’s nothing more rewarding than seeing an idea come to fruition. I also pick up on things proficiently and I am never afraid to try new programs, new things and learn new skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
•Creating hard-surface objects, such as environments, vehicles, props and buildings, as well as organic models, such ashumans, humanoids and animals, including both hi-res and low-res formats.
•Strong understanding of box modeling from primitive objects.
•Proficient understanding of UV unwrapping, and taking into account of size and space needed.
•Strong understanding in creation of Normal & Displacement mapping in Photoshop.
•Capable of creating realistic textures, including limited sizes.Rigging
•Proficient understanding in rigging characters and other organics.
•Proficient understanding in rigging vehicles and props.
•Proficient understanding of MAXScript.
•Strong understanding of using MAXScript for IK (Inverse Kinematics), HD (History Dependent) and HI (HistoryIndependent) constraints for characters and vehicles.
•Extensive understanding in creating customized rigs, using MAXScript.
•Basic understanding in using GML Script for Game Maker Engine.
•Basic understanding in using Python for automation scripts.
•Assisted in developing quality assurance scripts to test hardware components.
•Basic understanding in using C# for games in Unity 3D.
•Created a first person game demo.
•Strong understanding in pixel art and animation.
•Capable of creating game quality pixel animation, limited and fluid 24 fps animation.
•Strong understanding in layers, tweening, and timing.
•Proficient at creating professional quality free-hand animation, as well as the string slice method.
•Basic understanding in using ActionScript for websites and effects, as well as multimedia visuals.
•Created several demos, such as tutorials and games.
•Excellent understanding issues in a developer’s point of view, as well as a user.
•Capable of translating issues in laymen terms.
•Capable of finding “hard to reach” bugs and issues.
3Ds Max Premiere Unity 3D GameMaker
Photoshop Manga Studio Maya Substance Painter
Illustrator After Effects Mudbox Substance Designer
Adobe Animate GraphicsGale Zbrush Spriter
Adobe Creative Suite 3D Coat Bitmap2Material Crazy Bump
(All versions) xNormal Headus
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
• Bachelor of Computer Science- Media Arts and Animation. Brainbench
• 3DSMAX Certified
Create and sculpt digital models, including video editing, 3D modeling, and animation.Use software, lighting, and rendering to create textures and visual effects.Collaborate with designers and developers to create simulations and final projects.
Free-Lance 3d Character Artist
Roblox on Xbox One.
Created several characters, using Maya.
2014-2015 Current CBS Interactive
Responsible for the brainstorming and creation of a broad variety of design assignments from concept through final production. Working with a team of creative, developers, project managers, account managers and sales staff daily to develop project plans, marketing strategies and technology assessments. Responsible for generating high quality and innovative executions within budget and deadlines specific to each project.
• Design and create custom, interactive experiences within ad units and occasional micro-sites
• Provide ongoing graphic support and design services
• Provide training and assistance to design staff
• A digital evangelist/enthusiast who passionately keeps up with what’s new and what is coming down the pike
• Builds strong working relationships with coworkers, direct reports, customers (internal and external), and company management
2014- BigPoint GmbH
Free-Lance Technical 2d/3d Artist/rigging and animation
Working on the technical side for online social game Farmerama and Zoomumba. Created an automation rendering script, to deliver assets faster for production. Implementing assets from 3dsmax to the game engine. Animation conversion, with limited compression.
Duties persist in importing frames in .png format, no more than 2kb each .png. Every exported .swf file must be no more than 300kb in size.
Automation in compressing .png files. Limited animation exported at 12 fps. Rigging and animating in 3dsmax.
2014- Disney Interactive
Free-Lance QA backend developer
Responsible in assisting in the creation of Python scripts, to test hardware modules.
Art QA-Worked on QA for art consistency in Infinity 2 game.
Worked on Disney Playmation, as a Script Automator and soldering components for alpha prototypes.
2008-2013 Zynga, Inc.
Production Artist/Animator/Senior Designer (3D and 2D)
Becoming the first 3D Artist hired at Zynga, I helped start and develop YoVille, FarmVille, Roller Coaster Kingdom. In 2010, I was brought in to help create, start and develop CityVille. Later on, I joined Zynga Los Angeles, and worked on Empires & Allies; helped launch CoasterVille in ZLA.
• 2008-2010- I worked with a team of 4 artists, and created hundreds of assets and animation for the online social game YoVille.
• 2008- As a one man team, I created several NPC animations for Roller Coaster Kingdom.
• 2009- Worked closely with the Art Director, and created NPC animal animations for the online social game FarmVille.
• 2010-2011- I created hundreds of 3D assets and several animations for online social game CityVille.
• 2010-2012- I worked closely with a team of concept artists as well as 3D artists, to create 3D assets and basic animations for online social game Empires and Allies.
• 2012-1013- With the same team as Empires & Allies, I helped create and develop 3D assets for CoasterVille.
FarmVille is consistently number 1 in the top 5 Zynga games
• Peaked 34.5 million Daily Active Users
• Peaked 83 Million Monthly Active Users
CityVille was consistently number 2 in the top 5 Zynga games
• Peaked 18.5 million Daily Active Users
• Peaked 84 million Monthly Active Users
CoasterVille was consistently in the top 5 Zynga games
• Peaked 6.5 million daily in Daily Active Users
• Peaked 35 million in Monthly Active Users
Cross-functional teams consisted of 50 team members
2007-2008 HG Art and Framing Consultants
Print and Graphic Design Manager
I lead a team of designers, in where we created web designs, using Adobe Creative Suite and color corrections for Giclee printing. We created multimedia discs for company demos. I helped organize meetings and kept track of supply inventory. As part of the team, I worked with over 100 clients in different projects throughout the nation and worldwide.
Using a Hasselblad H1 Digital Camera, (16 mega pixel), images were captured, then color managed and color corrected by myself or a graphic designer. The prints are reproduced on an Epson or Roland printer, on a variety of top grade materials, including archival canvas, archival paper or photo paper.
2003-2008 Freelance Graphic Designer and Animator
Worked for several independent firms and groups, as well as private and public companies.
• 2003- Law Offices of Michael Shein-Director of Advertisement, responsible for conceptualization and layout of local magazine, “Courthouse Coverage.”
• 2003- Metropolitan Lending Group- Logo design-Photoshop and Illustrator.
• 2005- Zennith High School- I created the school logo for a public charter school.
• 2006- Sonitrol Corporation- A leading company in security; I built tutorials and designs for their employees and consumers. I assisted in developing manuals for transformers.
• 2007- Judeo Drive- I assisted and created the logo design.
• 2008- River Front Equities/Emerald Beach Resort I assisted in conceptual designing the layout for Emerald Beach Resort.
2005-2006-Windermere Preparatory School
Taught beginner's art to pre-k3,pre-k4, 1st 2nd and 3rd grade classes. Taught an elective class; students from grades of 7th through 10th grade.
2005-2008- ITT Technical Institute
Part-time 3D modeling and animation instructor
Taught beginner, intermediate and advance levels of 3D modeling, in addition to a game concepts course. Taught beginner’s rigging and animation. I managed a curriculum that required scheduled lesson plans.
2004-2008- Caricature Connection/Walt Disney World Resort
Drawing hundreds of caricatures; using water colors, markers and gouache, creating the Disney-inspired caricature look.
< Click sprite to download resume.